Motivational Practice Sayings for Inline Skaters
Good coaching or any specialized roller sports training activities takes a very delicate mix of encouraging words and motivational sayings along with the sometimes harsh realities of critiques, corrections and skill development sessions. Each skater may need a slightly different formula to inspire them to achieve depending on their personality, needs and goals, but it takes some of all of these to build a well-balanced athlete.
Practice and Training Sayings
- Practice makes perfect.
- Practice does not make perfect, perfect practice makes perfect.
- Practice needs patience.
- Don't count the days, make the days count.
- Don't let any other skater out-train you.
- You get good at what you practice.
- Luck is when preparation meets opportunity.
- Success does not rest.
- Speed is the by-product of busting your ass.
- Skate each practice as if it was the most important practice of the year.
- The road to your skating success is always under construction.
- The key to better skating, is skating better.
- The will to win is not nearly so important as the will to prepare to win.
- The dictionary is the only place where success comes before work.
- The future belongs to those who prepare for it.
- Skate as if you can't possibly fail and you won't.
- Life's greatest skating adventure is skating your own very best.
- Only skaters who risk going far will ever know how far they can go.
- Skaters who feel good about themselves produce good skating results.
- That you may fail, is not sufficient reason for not trying.
- Tough times never last, but tough skaters do.
- We accomplish in proportion to what we attempt.
- We are successful because we formed the habit of doing the things that failures do not like to do.
- What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
- Winning is seeing improvement in yourself.
- Win or lose, skating at all is winning.
- Your toughest opponent is in the mirror.
- Skills may take you to the top, but it takes dedication to stay there.